“This is Why We Fight” – As word of Seattle Grace’s financial trouble spreads, Catherine encourages Jackson to move to Boston, and the interns fear they might lose their jobs. Meanwhile the doctors meet with a potential investor in a last-ditch effort to save the hospital, and Alex impresses Jo while caring for a patient, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET).
Guest starring Debbie Allen (“Fame”) and Constance Zimmer (“Entourage”).
summary of my feelings about the episode : "finally!"
it seems the lawsuit and hospital liquidation storyline is finally over! Although I know we will keep paying some residuals, now we have the board setup, finding positions for all the stakeholders, politics around it , etc ... but this episode was surprisingly good (or I had very low expectations... anyway)
things I loved: - Love that finally Owen and Cristina interact in a mature way... they are talking! loved how they keep having small gestures towards each other - holding hands, brief touches, smiles... loved it!
- Richard intervention: he is and will always be the soul of the hospital and a father figure for everybody
- Mousy and Shane were ok in the episode too
- the scene with Owen, Cristina and Alex. Those three have to interact more
What I didnt like - the rest of the interns ... not finding them interesting
- Alex/Jo storyline . I love Alex but find the interactiosn with Jo being forced.. not buying it yet
- Baileys.... can't pinpoint exactly what I didnt like but her character seems a filler lately and she deserves better!
not sure how I feel about it:
- Jackson being named board member .. not sure what that will bring . I am in a "wait and see" mode about it
but "give mama a kiss, she bought you a hospital" ... priceless
I agree with everything betinad said about the episode, and would only add a couple of items:
- I liked the way Owen immediately knew what he had to do to help Cristina and the others. Someone else (like Derek, for example) might have felt the need to feed his own ego by getting involved in persuading the investor. Instead, Owen knew that his contribution to the greater good would be to get the Board to agree to postpone the sale. He succeeded in that; it was the Lawsuit Five who failed to "close the deal" with the investor.
-The whole "the hospital is going bankrupt, let's buy it" story line wasn't credible, but once you get past that there was an actual reason to keep Owen in the dark because of his current role at the hospital. In the real world, he probably would have signed non-disclosure and non-compete agreements that would have kept him from working with a potential buyer (although I'm not sure that means that Cristina couldn't have told him what was going on while still not giving him any specifics or asking him for any - - in fact, you can argue that the Lawsuit Five should have contacted the Board themselves to express interest so that the Board knew it might have an alternative to Pegasus). But there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep Richard out of the process and the idea that - - DUH - - they only figured out at the last minute that they would need someone with management experience in their group was really dumb IMO.
- Mer and Derek (and particularly Mer) are really annoying me. I loved it that she said to the investor "Derek was Chief" and he responded "for about 10 minutes." That nicely took Derek down a few pegs, which was perfect IMO. And Mer's dismissal of Owen's role is getting very old, and has happened enough times so that I wonder if Shonda isn't trying to set up another conflict between them (or between Mer and Cristina when Cristina FINALLY takes Owen's side over Mer's). Mer was just going to talk to Richard - - Owen would have been left out completely if Cristina hadn't intervened. And if Owen was left out, the deal with Pegasus would have been done BEFORE Mama Avery could gallop in on her white horse and save the day. Owen getting the Board to postpone the sale was absolutely critical, and he couldn't have done it if he didn't know that another possible deal was out there.
-There was a scene at the very beginning, when Cristina and Mer were talking at Alex's house, that was interesting. Cristina was bemoaning the fact that Owen had stopped calling and was scared he'd never forgive her; Mer said something about how when Owen finds out what is going on he'll be happy, because "Derek thinks . . . " Then Alex walked in and we never found out what "Derek thinks." I'd be curious to know what that was supposed to be - - I'd like to think that Derek appreciates and respects Owen (even if Derek's wife doesn't) and thinks that Owen's involvement post-sale will be critical to the success of the hospital.
Mer was just going to talk to Richard - - Owen would have been left out completely if Cristina hadn't intervened. And if Owen was left out, the deal with Pegasus would have been done BEFORE Mama Avery could gallop in on her white horse and save the day. Owen getting the Board to postpone the sale was absolutely critical, and he couldn't have done it if he didn't know that another possible deal was out there.
You hit the nail on the head. Meredith didn´t want Owen there at all. She was fighting tooth and nail against it. Her face said it all when Cristina said she is going to get him. Owen as well as Richard both have managing and administrative skills, Meredith left out Owen on purpose. I can´t stand this character more and more if it is even possible.
Also something else. Meredith imperatively said to Cristina not to eat the bagel "Leave it".Who is she to control someone like that? Nevertheless, Cristina didn´t like it based on her facial expression and took the bagel anyway.
Reptillus: Greetings friends!
Oct 27, 2015 2:00:45 GMT -5
duchovlet: Win KEVIN McKIDD's Autographed Grey's Anatomy 250th Episode Hat * BID HERE www.ebay.com/itm/231735882800 * OPEN WORLDWIDE * Kevin will *PERSONALLY AUTOGRAPH * hat to winning bidder!
Oct 29, 2015 20:55:46 GMT -5
duchovlet: HAPPY HOLIDAYS from TEAM McKIDD! We wish all McKidders joy, peace & a fun year ahead Thank you for supporting Kevin & his official website!
Dec 24, 2015 11:06:08 GMT -5
rayme: I love Grey's Anatomy
Feb 4, 2017 19:48:22 GMT -5
rayme: Can we talk them here
Feb 4, 2017 19:49:03 GMT -5
stormtrooper68: Hello, everyone. anybody else spotted the mistake in episode 13 of Journeyman. Happens during the dance scene.
Apr 24, 2017 4:03:57 GMT -5
veroni: My name is veronica and I am from South Africa. On which date will Grays Anatomy Season 11 debuted in Norway. No one else detected the slip-up in scene 13 of Journeyman. Occurs amid the move scene.comfortable mattress.
Jul 14, 2017 3:25:05 GMT -5
garym: Hi everybody Im Gary from Keith in Scotland . My mothers mother is his grandmas sister a 2nd cousin I believe and to all his fans out there reading,no need to be jelous Ive never even met Kevin. Would be super cool to tho
Apr 30, 2020 18:42:07 GMT -5
sarahmcshan: We make your content and website accessible to search engines, for easier indexing and ranking, by optimizing each page on your website for its relevant keywords.
Jun 29, 2020 9:05:56 GMT -5